You have just found a vintage piece of furniture in the family attic ">
- Degreasing cleaner type TSP
- Latex gloves
- Cotton cloths
- Sanding block
- Hand sander and medium grit sandpaper
- Paint masking tape
- Paint brushes
- Furniture Paint (Fusion Mineral Paint), dark gray, white and gold colors
- Stencil brush
- Ruler and pencil
- Clean the cabinet, both exterior and interior surfaces, using the degreasing cleaner and a cotton cloth. It is important to wear latex gloves as a protective measure.
- Using the sanding block, lightly sand the surface to be painted. Using the sander and medium-grit sandpaper, sand the front of the drawers and legs until natural wood appears. The wood must be completely stripped of pre-existing varnish and stain. With a cloth, dust off the furniture.
- Affix masking tape to protect sections of furniture that you do not want to paint or dye.
- Apply four layers of gray paint to the furniture structure using a brush, taking care to respect the drying time indicated by the manufacturer between each coat. In parallel, spread two layers of stain on the front of each drawer with a clean cloth, taking care to respect the recommended drying time between each coat. Repeat with the legs. It is recommended to wear gloves.
- When the stain is dry, place the stencil on the chosen drawer section and secure with masking tape. Using the stencil brush, apply two coats of white paint to the stencil pattern, making sure to adhere to the recommended drying time between each layer. Remove the stencil and masking tape gently.
- Create the golden triangle. Using a long ruler, mark out marks and connect the dots with the masking tape. The idea is to draw two parallel lines of ribbon between which it will be possible to paint. Apply two coats of golden paint, taking care to respect the recommended drying time between each application. Remove the masking tape gently.
- Make the finish the next day, once all well dried. Apply two to three coats of varnish, respecting the drying time of the product between each coat. As soon as the varnish is dry, put all the drawers back into the cabinet.